Public Relations Senior Manager
Posting Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Location: Akron, Ohio
Job Type: Manager
In this role you will lead the development and execution of strategic public and media relations plans to maximize exposure in the marketplace, work with business segment marketing teams to identify opportunities to promote products and services and personnel related to business and marketing objectives and initiatives, lead and manage the GOJO Blog, PR media database and GOJO Newsroom, collaborate with internal clients and external thought leaders, vendors and agencies on an ongoing basis and serves as backup spokesperson to Public Relations Director and attends core conferences as necessary. Other duties include:
- Create and maintain positive relationships with key B2B and B2C media representatives to cultivate opportunities for developing stories in the media. Leads media relations efforts for B2B and B2C marketing initiatives.
- Reviewsmedia editorial profiles and calendars to look for contributed editorial opportunities. Pitch media on ideas for editorial coverage when appropriate.
- Produce news releases, fact sheets, feature stories, public service announcements, press kits, etc. Utilize the various media techniques available to maximize exposure.
- Gather information and responds appropriately to media questions and coordinates interviews between media editorial staff and subject matter experts.
- Coordinate media tours, when appropriate, to address strategic topics or introduce new products.
- Work with PR Director to help implement crisis communications strategy for handling and responding to potential or active crisis situations that may pose a risk to the organization and its brands.
- Serve as spokesperson for B2B trade media initiatives as appropriate. Serve as backup spokesperson for PR Director.
- Distribute the PR Monthly Recap newsletter at the beginning of each month.
- As needed, supports the GOJO Enterprise by supporting video projects, speeches, talking points, public event representation and strategic influencing.
Education and Experience Required
Bachelors’ degree in communications, public relations or related discipline. Masters’ degree in marketing or communications preferred.
Minimum of ten years in public relations including working with marketing personnel and direct contact with the media.
Apply on the GOJO job site