Manager of Development
Posting Date: Monday, September 10, 2018
Location: Wooster, OH
Job Type: Manager
The Village Network
Manager of Development
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Cultivates, stewards and solicits donors for TVN events and annual campaigns. With an entrepreneurial spirit, innovates new business models for fundraising, writes business plans, creates and manages budgets based upon financial and public relations goals set by President/CEO and VP of Business Development. (30% Importance Rating/30% of Time Spent)
- Responsible for all aspects of successful event planning that advances the recognition and brand of The Village Network. Follows event standards and best practices to maximize participation and revenue growth. Establishes plan for events that includes budgets, timelines, reports, recruitment, retention, volunteer committee engagement, mission integration and logistics.
- Manages all aspects of the event development process, including collaboration with subcontractors, venue identification, menu development, speech writing and communication/marketing strategies.
- Creates detailed plans for each event that includes, but is not limited to, timelines, itineraries, ROI, budgets, reports including trend analysis, and attendance goals.
- Responsible for acquiring sponsors and in-kind donations in collaboration with VPs, volunteers and other TVN associates. o Recruits all event committees and serves as the staff liaison for each. Coaches committee members to maximize participation and engagement.
- Maintains web-based event calendar that includes the events for all regions.
- Responsible for communicating events internally and recruiting staff involvement.
- Identifies new opportunities within the community to establish a stronger bond with current and prospective stakeholders.
- Inspires Volunteers to commit time and resources to TVN, through fundraising events.
- Helps identify and recruit volunteers for potential corporate membership. Works with VP of Business Development to ensure engagement of new members in areas of interest. Maintains Event/Volunteer Modules as applicable in relevant database. (30% ImportanceRating/30% of Time Spent)
- Inspires, cultivates and solicits investments from individual donors and prospects, by collaborating with the VP of Business Development and the Grant Writer to achieve departmental goals through securing funds from corporations and foundations through grant writing and creating written proposals for individuals. (30% Importance Rating/30% of Time Spent)
- Critical member of the Business Plan Team. Plays a vital role in developing fundraising strategy and in supporting financial goals for the department. Aids the VP of Business Development and President/CEO in establishing best practices for fundraising. (10% Importance Rating/10% of Time Spent)
- Performs other duties as required. Last Reviewed: August 2017
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field; minimum of 3-5 years of prior fundraising experience in the not for profit sector. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years supervising employees and/or volunteer experience, required Expertise in Word and Excel; proficient using a CRM program; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce, preferred.
- Proven track record of planning successful events and achieving fundraising goals. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; special ability in creative writing skills and persuasiveness in communication; and strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to continual learning and innovation of best practices in fund development. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and a driving record that allows the individual to be covered by The Village Network’s vehicle insurance agency