Posting Date: Monday, September 10, 2018
Location: Wooster, OH
Job Type: Grant Writer
The Village Network
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with VP, and Manager of Development, completes all related research and grant writing for foundations, corporations and individuals to secure donated dollars. Ensures that the requests are well matched with the funding priorities and application requirements of the funding source. Working with program staff writes standard “boiler plate” narratives that can be filed and reused in order to improve the efficiency and shorten the timeline of the grant writing process. In some cases establishes and maintains relationships with foundation executives or program officers so that they are fully aware of the good works of The Village Network. Completes all reports required by funding sources in a timely manner. (90% Importance Rating/90% Time Spent)
- Attends all required meetings on site, including but not limited to: department meetings, program meetings, and organization events. (10% Importance Rating/10% Time Spent)
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of successful grant and/or professional writing experience.
- Excellent written communication & social skills and a proven track record of establishing strong working relationships with program officers at granting organizations.
- Proven experience as a project manager.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintains a driving record that allows the individual to be covered by The Village Network’s vehicle insurance agency