Assistant Director, Alumni Relations for Marketing
Posting Date: Monday, February 18, 2019
Location: Kent, Ohio
Job Type: Marketing & Communications
Kent State University Assistant Director, Alumni Relations for Marketing #988148
The Assistant Director will assist with the design, preparation and execution of comprehensive marketing plans and strategies consistent with the Alumni Association's organizational goals. Coordinate and implement marketing messages through various communication channels to increase awareness and participation in the Kent State University Alumni Association. This position reports to the Director, Alumni Marketing and Communications.
Kent State University was recently ranked in the Top Tier of Best National Universities by U.S. New & World Report. Kent offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits, and an excellent Wellness program.
The essential functions of this position are:
* Develop and execute comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategies to increase awareness and participation in signature events (i.e. Homecoming, Alumni Awards Ceremony) and programs.
* Serve as the liaison between University Marketing and Communications, Advancement Communications and the Alumni Association in the production of alumni association marketing materials; assist in the creation, design, production and distribution of marketing materials.
* Provide event promotion assistance through the creation of event advertisements, ad buys and collateral marketing materials
* Coordinate logistics and event details for virtual events.
* Manage, track and analyze the results of individual marketing initiatives and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
* Support the annual planning process including goal setting and budgeting.
* Develop and manage strategies to recognize and steward members of the alumni association.
* Investigate new benefits and service programs to enhance the portfolio of services available to alumni.
* Assist with the management of relationships with third party vendors (i.e. affinity credit card, insurance programs, travel services) to assure contractual obligations are fulfilled and to provide marketing assistance.
* Act as a liaison between various departments, divisions, university committees and Alumni Relations.
* May serve on various external and university committees
* Represent the Alumni Association at various events and functions.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations or related field and two years of experience in marketing or related experience. Must be able to occasionally travel out of state and work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
Application Process: Please apply online at https://www.kent.edu/hr/job-opportunities; include a resume and cover letter, or simply click Assistant Director, Alumni Relations for Marketing to direct you to the application process. You will find additional information about the division and a list of current open positions in Institutional Advancement, by visiting our website: https://www.kent.edu/advancement/institutional-advancement-employment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer / Disabled / Veterans