Assistant Account Executive
Posting Date: Monday, October 15, 2018
Location: Hudson, OH
Job Type: Agency
Akhia is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Assistant Account Executive (AAE) to support the agency’s growing client roster. This entry level position will play an instrumental role in supporting our account teams on a variety of assigned projects to help service and grow accounts and will have a strong ability to understand and absorb new information quickly. Our culture of learning is perfect for people who want to play a direct role in building a great company and developing industry-leading brands.
- Maintain comprehensive weekly status reports, lead and participate in status meetings, client meetings and client calls, when applicable
- Execute tactical aspects of strategic marketing communications programs and campaigns, including eBlast distribution, social media posts and managing ad production schedules
- Execute media relations efforts, including programming news releases, maintaining media lists, identifying editorial opportunities, drafting and sending pitches, maintaining media relationships, tracking and reporting monthly media measurement metrics
- Provide client service administrative support; draft meeting agendas, attend meetings and compile action items, schedule meetings and manage logistics
- Support creative brief development ensuring the larger agency teams have all the necessary information and materials to meet project timelines and budgets
- Coordinate research activities and competitive information necessary to develop client programs
- Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitors
- Actively participate in professional development, training, meetings and agency meetings
- 1 to 2 years’ of post-college work experience in a public relations or marketing environment, strong internship experience will also be considered
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related fields
- Highly organized & detailed, with ability to manage numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and solutions focused
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, internally and externally
- Adhere to the akhia core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
- Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
- Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
- Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
- Occasional overnight travel by land and/or air may be necessary
Akhia is a fully integrated marketing communications agency located in Hudson, Ohio. We came to be in 1996 when founder, Jan Gusich, set up shop with a card table, a client and a vision after spending years in the PR business at a big Cleveland ad agency. Today, akhia is 60+ experts-strong, boasting a client roster of some of the smartest and most respected companies in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
AKHIA has been named as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years and was also named a Weatherhead 100 award winner for three consecutive years as a fastest-growing company in Northeast Ohio.
AKHIA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to https://akhia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22